CS 3590 01 Data
Communications & Networking
Due: Tuesday, (05/31/2011)
This page describes the requirements of your class project. A project group
consists of one or two individuals. The project work involves the simulation
of GO-BACK-N ARQ or SELECTIVE REJECT ARQ flow control method..
Please follow the guidelines below.
- Look through the chapter 7 in your text book, get information about these
methods and select one of them.
- Search internet and other resources, e.g. books, papers, to find example
simulation of these methods (this will help you a lot)
- Select a computer platform and a language to simulate the method. The
computer platform examples are PC, Mac, Sun, etc. The programming
language examples are C, C++, Java, Java Script, etc.
- You need to devise a GUI to show how the method works. For each method you
should consider the cases of Damaged Frame, Damaged RR and
Damaged REJ (SREJ) in your simulation so your GUI must handle these cases
as clearly as possible
- An important aspect of the project that it needs to have user friendly GUI
to cover all cases.
- Select your method an write a 2-3 line description of the project.
- Send me your name, project title, and project description by e-mail.
Due date is 04/12 (Write
"CS3590-02 Software project submission" in the subject field of
- After finishing your simulation, submit an electronic copy of the
simulation (incl. source code) with a READ ME file to
. Due date is 05/31/2011